Sunday, February 26, 2006

Metric concert....that almost didn't happen

Hey peoples. Or me. I've delayed writing my "comprehensive piece" about the concert til now... 1:12am on Sunday; for what reason? Meh, I'm just lazy I suppose.

Okay so as I mentioned in my previous blog, I went to meet the guy who sold me the ticket on eBay at a subway station. I get there, he hands me the ticket, I look at it and give him the money; so I figure I'll head back to class which begins in about 20 minutes. As I get off the escalator that took me down to where the subways are I realize he told me "have fun tomorrow night (saturday)", so I'm like - wtf? - and look at my ticket, which says SATURDAY!!!! Sooooooooo pissed off I was.

I went back up and left the station in hopes that I could catch the bastard; but i couldn't. I headed back to class and the entire way back I'm asking myself if i was illiterate and couldn't read the dates.

As soon as I got back to school (just in time for class, as if that was on my mind anyway), I busted out my laptop and proceded to check my e-mail to see if I was truly crazy. I wasn't; it was listed on eBay as friday.

An hour or so later, after class was finished, I called the guy and got his voice mail. I hate voice mail, so I waited and got it again. I e-mailed him and figured I'd check when I got home.

On my way home he called me and said he e-mailed me but I didn't get back to him. Anyway he said he had the tickets forever and completely spaced out on the dates and that he'd give me a full refund. I'm not one to hold grudges that often and this seemed like a genuine screw up so I was okay with it.

What I did do though, on suggestion of a classmate of mine, is I told him that I was going to take it to the Kool Haus and get a scalper to exchange it with me for Friday's concert. He was cool with that. I told him if it didn't work out that I would call him and we could meet up that night.

After getting my hair cut (and today I found out I left my damned hat at the barbers..*sigh*) I went home and ate. I chillaxed for a little while and left around 6:15pm (concert at 8pm). So I'm walking up Queen's Quay towards the venue and I see scalpers asking for/selling tickets. I talk to them about and this bitch gives me the brush off, saying he didn't want a Saturday ticket. So whatever, my friend said there was another guy around the venue.

I'm walking up the road and one of the two guys calls me and comes up and says he may be able to work something out. He calls his "co-worker" and they eventually come in a SUV. The guy in the car seemed pissed that he was going through all this effort of driving 2 blocks for 1 ticket. The two of us then walk up to the venue to talk to another "co-worker" to work something out. On the way this other scalper offers me the ticket for mine and $40 extra. Obviously I say no. I paid far too much for it already. We then worked out a deal where, yes I paid, but meh.

I met up with my friend and we went to the concert....

As much as I wanna talk about it. I figure I would let the pre-drama sink in first. Tomorrow I might get down to business maybe.

Ciao