Monday, February 27, 2006

I feel like rambling

Hey hey hey! Well, I got home from school about a half an hour ago. I stayed a little longer today, just dicking around because I knew once I got home I would have far too far too much stuff to do (far too).

It's the 2nd week of production of the community paper the school runs and that means the first 3 days (mon-wed) is when all the articles will start flowing in. I'm the copy editor for this cycle (of 2 wks) so this means I don't have to contribute any writing, but I do have to edit people's copy. Over the weekend I had one piece to edit and that's it. So far today I've edited 3 pieces of work, and at least 5 more from now until wednesday. This isn't a big deal; copy editing isn't all that time consuming or hard, it's just that I would like to get the people back their work so they can submit it to our teacher to put it in the paper. I would be able to do this no problem if I wasn't working on tuesday night (5-11pm). All the copy is going to be coming in at that time, so after work when I get home (11:30pm) I'll be editing my ass off. Top that off with my actual course work that I have to get done for wednesday as well.

As you can probably tell, I'm not doing any of this right at the moment as I am writing in my blog. This brings me to my next point: I think I have selective ADD. It's selective because sometimes I can really focus on a certain task at hand, but others I just cannot do it for the life of me; it drives me crazy sometimes. It'd be nice if I could get this diagnosed by a doctor, so I'd have a valid (even though still not appreciated) excuse.

Well I've got to go get something to eat I guess, then maybe afterwards I'll get down to business; either that or find something else to keep my mind off actual work >{=o)}{ (turn your head to the left; cool.)

Peace.