Saturday, June 24, 2006

Amateur "football" predictions Part 1


The round of 16 begins on Saturday the 24th of June and here are my predictions for who will advance (and who they'll be facing if they do):

Germany vs. Sweden - Germany
Argentina vs. Mexico - Argentina
England vs. Ecuador - England
Portugal vs. Netherlands - Netherlands
Italy vs. Australia - Italy
Switzerland vs. Ukraine - Switzerland
Brazil vs. Ghana - Brazil (unfortunately)
Spain vs. France - Spain

Tentative round of 8 matchups (and my 'for the hell of it' predictions):

Germany vs. Argentina - Argentina
Italy vs. Switzerland - Italy
England vs. Netherlands - England
Brazil vs. Spain - Brazil

Extremely tentative round of 4 matchups (and my predictions again):

Argentina vs. England - Argentina
Italy vs. Brazil - Brazil

Crazy out of this world predictions for the finals:

Argentina vs. Brazil - Argentina

Okay now that I've pulled those predictions out of my ass let's focus on the first ones because they're the most important. I'll give actual predictions as the rounds progress :)

Peace.