Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Son of a....

I'm home now and the sun is still out. This is weird.

Aside from that the reason why I'm home is because I hurt my back at work tonight. I couldn't stand staying there any longer, no matter how I tried to suck it up and work through it.

I was loading the machine with jawbreakers and each tray they're in are about 30lbs with about maybe 30 trays per skid. So yeah I went to reach for one tray to pull it over to me so I could lift it up and dump it and as soon as I got hold of the thing I felt my back go. I tried loading a couple more and could handle it for a bit, but after organizing another skid for dumping I told them I had to get someone else to do it for me.

I told our packaging lead hand guy that I couldn't do the job because of my back so I went to a lighter working job. At about 5pm I went to my supervisor and told him I had to go home at 7pm. I figured that was a good enough time to see if the pain would go away. It didn't. Even my light job was difficult to perform.

I was sent to relieve people for break in another section; a job I normally do. After about 15 minutes of this job I got ahold of my supervisor again and told him I couldn't even do that one. So I ended up leaving at around 6pm.

It hurts to do absoutely everything. It took forever to change into comfortable house clothes and even take out my contacts. I'm lying down right now and will have an evening of sports and reading to keep me entertained.

I probably won't go in tomorrow either as I doubt this will get better by then.

Alright that's enough for tonight.

Peace.