Monday, May 22, 2006

Sometimes I find myself sittin' back and reminiscing...

After reading a blog of a friend and his reference to an article posted in the Globe & Mail, it got me thinking about when I was a young child exploring around with my friends.

I was raised in a townhouse complex in Don Mills, Toronto near the Don Valley Parkway. The complex I grew up in was full of children my age and we used to always go on various adventures after school or during the summer time.

It was an amazing place for me to live as a child. It gave us a seemingly endless expanse of pathways for us to ride our bikes while playing games such as cops and robbers; we could play hide-and-seek throughout the entire area, which encompassed a rather huge lot filled with houses and tunnels and forests that gave us infinite places to hide.

I remember always exploring the area pretending as if it were some place completely disassociated with reality. The forest was a great place to explore around, searching for weird rocks, making forts out of dirt outcroppings or even sneaking a kiss with a neighbour I liked until the ripe age of nine.

This childhood I experienced allowed me to develop my creative mind in no way that television or movies could ever compare to. For that I sit back and reminisce and am greatful for all the chances I had to have fun as a child and wish for anyone to have had the same experiences as mine growing up.

The article vaguely relates to what I'm saying here, it just got me thinking is all, but here it is anyway:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060520.WALK20/TPStory/?query=walkabout+is+fair+play

Peace.