Friday, May 05, 2006

Morals or am I thinking too much?

Today I received word one of our marks were posted on the college's website from a friend of mine via MSN. I hit up the site and was astonished to find that, in fact, all but one of my marks had been posted. I didn't want to look at first because I was so apprehensive about failing atleast one of my classes. My first reaction was to look away because I wasn't ready to find out I failed. Quickly after that I looked at the screen to see marks beyond my comprehension. There's no need to go into detail, but I ended up passing everything. This, however, brings me to the topic of my post.

I got to thinking tonight about the effort, or lack there of, that I've put in not only this semester, but this year. I started wondering why was it that with my lack of interest in the subject was I doing so considerably well in it? Why am I even passing when God knows I shouldn't be, with my effort and the pieces I've, in turn, handed in? I'm not saying I don't have the writing talent to be a journalist (or whatever), because I know I do. I just don't understand how in a magazine class I can not interview a single subject and do so well when others in my class likely worked their asses off and got the same mark as me, or even lower?

Even with my many questions I'm still grateful that I got the grades required to pass. I really want to see this endeavour to the end, even if I don't pursue anything related to it when it's all said and done. I enjoy the people and the way the whole thing works, even if the people are always irked by one another (that's slightly amusing to me). I enjoy being a somewhat outsider in a world that is so seemingly cut-throat. I don't know what kind of person that makes me but I find it entertaining atleast. What I enjoy the most about this course is the writing. Even though it isn't the most entertaining forum (as this blog may be for the meantime), I'm just happy to be writing something period.

Peace.