Sunday, April 23, 2006

Umm..Yeah...About those TPS Reports...

Hello to all those in the "blogosphere". This is my first point since Wednesday evening, but it feels like forever. It's weird how something as simple as writing a daily-ish blog can become so apart of the daily schedule. I feel like it's a necessity now to contribute something, but at the same time, I don't want to contribute pure drivel (which I know I have, but hey, I'm not the only one!). So with that, I'll move on to my drivel-less post.

I'd like to start off saying that I'm a little less freaked out at the amount of work I have left, simply because much of it I don't have to do this weekend.

Mmmkay...So on Thursday I had cleanup, which is basically going over the paper before it gets sent out to the presses, and even though I didn't do much in the way of "real work" it ended up being quite the tiring. In papers they have little boxes at the bottom saying "see: p.5 Fire story" or whatever, but with our paper, my friend redesigned it earlier in the year to have the "throws" at the top of the page above the name of the paper. Whoever was designing this didn't seem to remember that fact. So a classmate of mine had to redesign the front page, this left a rather large box of nothing at the bottom right hand corner of the page. Upon suggestion from another classmate, we decided to get a loose-picture for the space-filler. So me and the girl drove up to Danforth Road and got a couple on a patio who had just finished up their drinks and were enjoying a glass of wine. Perfect. I didn't bother getting their info because the girl who drove me was ever so kind enough to do it for me. So yeah, we put that on the front and I was happy to get the credit for it! :P

Thursday night I made the final touches to my World Religions essay. I didn't do much else, other than try to contact people for a potential article I want to write for magazine class. I could've gone go work, but meh, I didn't.

Friday I handed in the essay. After that we had our final test of the year. It was on Buddhism, Islam, Christianity and Judaism. I thought I did okay. After when we were marking our classmates tests, I found out that I got mine handed back to me to mark. Score! So I gave myself a few extra marks needless to say. I only went from a 13.5/20 to a 15.5/20, so nothing too dramatic.

After religions, I went with two girls from my class who always take the paper out for delivery. I find it pretty fun; better than sitting in the lab doing nothing that's for sure. So yeah, after we got back I went to the final Observer meeting and then went to my friend Alex's house as he was to be my interviewing subject.

After I got there and settled in, we did the interview. It lasted nearly 40 minutes, which is above the 30 she required. The subject matter wasn't that great, but whatever. Remember, I'm aimin high for that passing 60 per cent here.

About 7pm-ish I decided to make the effort to go home. I left his house and am walking up the street and I hear a muffled, "Bailey! Bailey!" I think, oh shit, I forgot my keys or something so I look back and dont see Alex. I look up higher and in the front window of his house is his Dad waiving to me, then he flashes me the peace sign. OMG, that was the most weirded out I've felt in my life. I got to the bus stop and had to call Alex and tell him what happened, he laughed his ass off. It's weird because Bailey is my last name, and he must've heard Alex saying it, or maybe I was introduced to him as it. Still, weird though.

Needless to say I didn't do much else that night. I ended up going to bed at 11pm, which is hella early for me.

Tonight (saturday) I went and saw Silent Hill. I shall give a seperate review on this tomorrow, as this blog is way too long.

Peace.