Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Je suis très dégonflé à l'heure actuelle

Translation (hopefully not too wrong): I am very deflated at the moment. Why you ask? Well I'll tell you why.

Today after I got home. We (my mom and dad) went to this Dealers/Muffler place we know on Kingston Rd. to check out their used car selection. We've dealt with these guys before and they seem really up front with their customers, nothing like what one would hear on TV.

I saw a couple I liked, but as usual they were standards. I could learn it, but I really don't have the patience at the time. Not to mention I'm horribly afraid of breaking my clutch and don't to have to repair it.

So yeah, I saw this GMC Jimmy on sale there. They had it up for 3,995 but the guy said he'd take it down to $2,995+taxes. Pretty good for a 96 SUV I think. I took the car for a test drive and the shocks and breaks clearly needed work. He said he'd replace the front two shocks for free for us. Damn cool.

We took down the info and when we got home my Mom called the insurance place. She got the machine, but when we were out (again), they called and told my Dad that it'd cost about 4G for the year!! Bah!!!!! That's like $333/month, which I don't have, I should say, wont have when I have to go back to school again in September.

This was a major buzz killer. No matter what car I choose to get, it likely wont be in my affordable range. I remember a girl in my class saying how her Mom was the "owner" of the car and the insurance was under her. I might try this because otherwise I'm in something called "category 1" when I neede to be in "category 3" to get cheaper insurance. HOW CAN I AFFORD INSURANCE UP UNTIL THAT POINT?!?!?!

I can't do much of anything tomorrow because my Mom's working, so I don't get the car. Also, I'm going to be working for 8 hours tomorrow, so it's a waste of a day really. I can't even watch the Leafs game versus the Islanders tomorrow either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate getting score updates at work. Maybe since I'm working on my own most of the night, i'll get a mini-radio in with me somehow.

I think I'm done for tonight.

Peace.