Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Like High School all over

Today I had Radio class to start off my school day. We (group of 3) had to go live-to-air and read our own real newscast in the studio. I completely forgot about it being broadcast so no one knew. Overall I'd say we did a good job. There was a little technical difficulty with a news clip, but luckily I was sports and it didn't affect me at all :). At the end after it all, our teacher (was manning the controls) told my classmate doing the news to tell everyone that they were going to run it again. He did this, and it didn't play again. Later after we finished, we listened to our broadcast. I hate hearing my voice. Aside from that, we heard myself laughing loudly when the clip didnt play the 2nd time and the guy made a joke to say why. I don't know if I'll get penalized for it or not :S because it was so "unprofessional". I doubt I will though.

After our radio thing was over, the three of us, plus another girl from our program drove up to Timmy's to grab something to eat. We had to order "to-go" because it took longer than expected and we had our Observer meetings soon after.

Ended up getting back late. Which is cool because we saw one of the teachers/editors on her way in as we were driving up :). I told them about my War in Afghanistan thing I covered last night and they gave me a few pointers to balance it out and whatnot. After my schpiel the meeting was over and we had our Interviewing class right after.

Okay. Today in this class we had a guest speaker come in to be interviewed by a group (we all have to bring in our own speaker and interview them, then write a piece on that person). This guy was a politician from the East York area and member of the Green Party.

This interview was hella boring. I was kept amused at the start by the pogs a friend brought in from his work (YES POGS!...it's been too long. I might get nostalgic and bust out my old ones in my closet somewhere...anyway). After that I was being a little chatty with the girl next to me. We were joking around and whatnot. The teacher caught us (we're at the back of the class) and gave us the silent *shush* treatment.

I obeyed.

As the thing dragged on, we started talking up again. Nothing too loud I think, but maybe a little bit of a distraction. We got the evil eye from the teacher. And me and the girl swear she got caught mimicking our teacher as well.

We piped down but didn't stop talking.

We're going on as we have been, and finally our teacher seemingly snaps. She tells the two of us to please leave the room. I protested weakly, but she insisted we leave; so i did.

I know 100 per cent for sure that we were being incredibly rude and immature and whatnot, but it felt so weird to actually get kicked out of our college class. I wasn't even embarrassed at everyone looking at me, but just dumbfounded that I was in college and getting kicked out! You can take the opposite and say, I'm in college and shouldn't be acting so immature, but I'd say Screw you buddy ;).

I know tomorrow it'll be very awkward as I have her for first class (2hrs). I'll apologize and pull the whole I'll never do it again. She'll probably rant at the class for us not listening and all that. I don't really care anymore to be honest.

The bright side out of all this is that I got out of class at 2pm and didn't have to go straight to work because I got a ride home from the girl I was disrespekkin' the class with. Bonus!

That was my story of my eventful day, for me anyway.

Peace.