Monday, April 03, 2006

Hippies...gotta love 'em

I got up to go to school this morning and it was raining like a mofo. I put on my old winter jacket because my black cotton-cashmere one isn't very good in the rainy weather. I also had my fleece Old Navy sweater (i cant stand old navy anymore, but this sweater keeps me far too warm), a t-shirt and an undershirt on. Needless to say I was very comfortable, despite the rain.

At school I had my magazine class and my online observer class. Both were basically pointless as usual and my life may have been that much more complete if I didn't go. During Observer, however, I pitched a story I wanted to cover in the evening. It had to deal with people at a meeting who would be discussing the War in Afghanistan and whatnot. Only one of our teachers/editors showed up, but she liked the idea (for once). Looks like I would be busy in the evening.

After school I got home and was incredibly beat. I was so tempted to fall asleep, but I had to hold off the urge.

At 5:00pm-ish I drove down to the subway station. I'd then head up to Coxwell and to the library where they were having the thing. I got there early and was dicking around the library for a little bit. Come 6:30pm I headed upstairs where they were holding it.

The meeting went pretty well, I guess. There ended up being around 18 people showing up for it. It was a small room so the audience seemed bigger. Anyway they were basically people from the area there to bitch about the war and why it was happening. I was pretty interested in most of what the guy had to say. I got an interview with another journalist who was involved in the event. This turned out gold for me because I was going on the angle on how they were angry about the media not portraying the Afghanistan situation properly. After that I headed outside where I got my interview with the speaker. He had a couple more interesting things to say to add on to what he talked about before. After I finished I headed back home.

To make my story a little more balanced I want to find someone on the media side who's saying that there isn't a problem with the portrayal of the war. I'll talk about that in class tomorrow. I'll see what they ahve to say.

Anyway, when I got home at around 9pm, I found out that the Leafs game wasn't on TSN or Sportsnet, but on god damned LeafsTV. I hate LeafsTV (mostly because I don't have it =P). So flipping channels I came upon Lost in Translation on CBC. I've seen it like 3 or 4 times already but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch it (half of it) on TV.

So that's how I spent my evening up until now.

Peace.