Saturday, April 08, 2006

I want a car!

Harrrrumph! I've officially decided that I'm sick of taking the bus and I want a car to drive again!

Back in mid-November I was heading home from school one Friday afternoon. It was the first day of any kind of winter weather we had experienced. Mostly it was wet snow, but it was dark and cloudy and coming down pretty hard. I was heading into an intersection, about 100 ft. away (give or take) and I noticed the car on the other side of the road turning south. They were fine, I was just checking as I always do. When I got to near the crosswalk area they started to jut out, causing me to curse and get ready to go into the next lane if need be to get around them. I drive a little closer and they come all the way into my lane, and very slowly mind you. Needless to say I begin to press my breaks and start cussing like a truck driver. I end up sliding and crashing into them in a somewhat T-bone type pattern. All were okay.

Now here I am nearly five months later; I still have no car. I have had to take the bus to school through the dead of winter for my 1-1.5 hr trip everyday to school. Granted it hasn't been as bad as I originally thought it would be, but it is still ever so tiring for a person such as myself who had gotten used to taking a car since I was 18.

Up until quite recently I've been very apprehensive about driving the car (my mom's) to work or out anywhere really. One time I even remember driving through the intersection where I had the accident and cringing, because it subconsciously freaked me out. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't stand being at the wheel, and I was only too glad to get to where I was going so I didn't have to drive anymore. It worried me, but at the time I just wanted to be rid of the car, that was my only concern.

For whatever reason, when I went to my friend Alex's house last weekend I decided to take the highway. I've hardly taken the bloody thing, even though when I'm on it, I love it. I don't know what happened, but I found the love(?) for driving again, and from that point on, the need to get my own car again has been building.

I don't plan on getting a new one, or really expensive old one; just one that will give me the least troubles for my money. Most importantly, however, one that won't cost me a fortune in my already too expensive insurance bill.

I will get one. I must set a strict deadline for doing so, or else it'll never happen. I've actually been looking for a new (used) car for maybe about 9months or so now. I guess this blog will be the proof that I must stick to my goal of getting a car. One month from now, I hope to AT LEAST have a new car in the woodworks. There I did it.

Peace.