Friday, June 02, 2006

I need an escape from the ordinary

After some detailed chatting tonight I've come to the conclusion that once school is over I'm definitely going to experience life a little more. I don't know if it will be detrimental to my career and future or extremely beneficial, I just know it needs to be done.

While I love my city and will probably end up back here when it's all said and done, I need to expand my horizons a little more by going places outside of my little (and I mean little) bubble. Whether it be experiencing my country a little more, or traveling to Europe, Asia or Australia, I just want to experience, period.

I want to experience my family's past in England and the Caribbean; I want to experience the history of Europe and also it's music scene. I would like to visit the modern yet historic Japan. I want to go to my (mostly) lifelong getaway destination of Australia.

It all seems so enchanting to me right now and I feel the definite pull to do it. I just hope it's one of those things that I can pull off and make happen and not let slip by the wayside just for any little thing.

Man the things I gotta write at 3:30am astonish me sometimes.

Peace.