Friday, June 30, 2006

Bitter-sweet Love

No no, not the kind of love you're thinkin' about. This love is for weather; namely the weather we had today: Thunderstorms.




Just before I left for work at around 1:30pm the sky became black and ominous with the sun shining in the opposite sky. I loved it! I think it was the first real thunderstorm I'd seen this summer. The only thing is, as I was eating, I realised if I didn't hurry up I'd be walking in that awe-inspiring feat of nature. Not good.

Sure enough I took my sweet time and as I got my shoes on to leave, it started pouring.

I don't own an umbrella. Should I? Perhaps. Will I get one? Maybe when the mood strikes me.

So as usual I walk outside protected by nothing, just listening to my music as I walk the 10 minute walk to the bus stop. During my walk the smell of the rain is so amazing, but I'm completely drenched and that's not. I hurry from one tree to the next to get that momentary relief from the downpour, but I have to keep moving or else I'll miss my bus, so I continue along.

When I finally get to the bus shelter I'm completely drenched. I didn't really care too much though. The entire way to work the rain let up. But after I got off the second bus to walk up to work, it started again.

Convenient, no?

It wasn't raining much, just a patter here and there, but it was windy and the lightning was in full force. I walked somewhat nonchalantly to work because it was so nice to be in. I was already soaked from before so why would I rush it?

So that's my bitter-sweet love of summer thunderstorms in a nutshell.

Peace.