Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Moving on to the quarter finals

Alright so after the first elimination round of the world cup I find myself with a 4-3 record with my predictions. Not great. Not bad though.

With my incorrect guesses, I'm going to redo the next round to show which country is facing the other and I predict will win:

Germany vs. Argentina - Argentina
England vs. Portugal - England
Italy vs. Ukraine - Italy
Brazil vs. France - Brazil

With the exception of the Italy vs. Ukraine matchup, they all look to be quite the entertaining game to watch.

Germany and Argentina by far looks to be the greatest game in my opinion.

England will have an advantage with so many Portuguese players out with suspensions and possible injuries. However, that being said, they shouldn't get too cocky and start thinking the game is in the bag. There's a lot of history between these two teams, with the last big win from Portugal coming at the Euro Cup.

Italy vs. Ukraine - Italy can hold them off no problem with their defensive game. Likely will be a low scoring affair.

Brazil vs. France - I really didn't expect France to make it this far, but since either they or Spain would've been facing Brazil, it didn't matter. With the way Brazil is playing now they should have little trouble defeating this French squad. Ronaldo, extra pounds and all, is playing quite well and should add to his record holding goals for tally.