Monday, July 17, 2006

HOT DAY!!


Today I took in a Jays game with a few buddies. It just happened to be the hottest day of the year and we just happened to have seats not located in the limited shade of the Rogers Centre.

We of course decided we didn't want to spend much money so we got the cheap seats in the bleeders. They cost $8.92 each, so well worth the price.

After a while of baking in the sun, I'd notice my arm had a nice glistening of sweat on it. I was hardly even moving at all! I'd even felt sweat dripping down the sides of my head it was so hot. Oh yeah it felt like 43 Celsius or something, with the humidity. And the game started at 1pm.

About half way through I bought a ridiculously priced Labatt Blue. Even though I don't really care for them, they're still better than Bud Light. So yeah, that did me well enough in that heat, and considering I hadn't eaten anything for the day I was quite content, if you will.

Back to the game I guess. Towards the 7th it started getting fuzzy, as my brain began to literally melt. My contacts started moulding into my eyes. I'm so glad I decided to wear shorts and my jersey so I could somewhat breathe during the hell.

To make matters worse, the Jays closer BJ Ryan decided to blow the save in the bottom of the 9th, allowing Seattle to tie it up. This meant extra innings. Oh the growns from the crowd (me) were loud.

Each half inning I think I descended further and further into insanity. Every time a batter came up, I wanted them to hit a homerun to end it. Every time a pitcher was able to get a batter out, I wanted to strangle him. I couldn't even cheer anymore. I had become mush. It was coming to the point where I wished the game would keep on going so the sun could set a bit and we could relax.

That never happened, and in hindsight I'm thankful.

The Jays were able to single in the winning run in the bottom of the 11th inning to win it to the delight of the crowd (especially me). Funny enough after the game finished I felt alive again and ready to take on the world! :P

It was a great time. I saw a couple friends I hadn't seen in quite a while, and others I hadn't even met before. Good times, good times.

Hot though.

Peace.