Friday, July 14, 2006

TV Shows that Influence My Daily Life

I seem to be on some list trend as of late and I'm not about to stop soon :)

Here are my top 5 TV shows that play their way into my everyday life. They can be through acting out certain behaviours, perceiving an event in a specific way, mimicking characters..etc.

Number 5: MadTv

The influences from this show don't seem to stop. I find myself doing Stewart impressions, even though he's old and lame now. I do other various noises from the show as well and also the guy who does the Ja Rule impressions is amazing at that. Oh, and Bobby Lee is the shit in every sense of the word (except the actual meaning).

It's a great show because even though the cast is revolving, like SNL, it continues to grow and maintain that lesser known status in comparison to the same SNL (even though it's ratings are amazing).

Number 4: Seinfeld

What can I say about Seinfeld? It's entire storyline is about nothing, yet it's bred an endless amount of jokes and observations that people can point out in real life.










Number 3: Chappelle's Show

For me Chappelle's show has allowed me to completely make an ass of myself with my lame impersonations. I don't think a day goes by where I can't manage to not do an impersonation of one of his characters.





Number 2: Family Guy

Ever since the Superbowl premiere a few years back I've been hooked on this show like it was crack. While critics may not like it for it's uncreativity when it just makes random joke after random joke followed by flashback after flashback, I do. I don't watch a cartoon for it's plot or storyline necessarily, but for the laughs it gives me, and Family Guy gives me plenty.

Oh and there are plenty of crappy impersonations here as well.

Number 1: The Simpsons
Ah yes, The Simpsons. They're the ones that started this whole adult situation cartoon phenomena we've noticed over the past 20 years.

Again every day I notice some situation that fits with The Simpsons or I can definitely say that I act out many different Simpsons-esque behaviours and comments throughout my day.



While we're on the topic of TV, I haven't watched much of it at all lately. I managed to catch a large part of The Colbert Report while eating dinner last night. So I think that brings my total TV watching time to about 1 hour this week. I think that's a good thing, but somehow I don't know. It is a good thing, however, that I don't have to work so much during the actual seasons of shows or else I'd be going nuts.

Peace.