Saturday, July 08, 2006

Annoyed

I am tired of working in the afternoons from 3pm, check that, 1:30pm when I leave, to 11pm, check that again, 12:10am when I get home.

I'm tired of it all not because of the work, which I'm actually, for the first time in a long while, enjoying immensly, but because I'm missing out on time spent with friends and family.

This was one of the major reasons I wanted day shift to begin with. I'm happy with my job as it is now so this complaining isn't so deeply rooted that I can't stop. It's only until September when I go back to school that I'll be working so much, so not that much of a deal.

I just hate feeling so out of the loop in the daily goings on of my friends. As much as I try to do stuff on the weekends I feel disconnected at only sharing one night or something to catch up on how things have been.

My schedule is messed up because in the mornings I'm too tired to do anything and no one is really available then anyway. And at night after I've showered and eaten, it's usually too late for any normal person to be online.

I think this was a major part of why I went nuts during my year off to work. I became such a shut-in (atleast I felt that way). Even if I don't do anything with friends on a daily basis, because they're working as well or whatever the case may be, the remote possibility of being free to do something makes me satisfied.

Bah, I know this was an extremely bitchy post but I felt the need to do it.

Peace.