Monday, September 18, 2006

Pic-o-licious

I haven't got a lot to post about at the moment, but over the past week I taken a few pics that I enjoy and I've decided to post a few of them with a bit of background decription.



Last Monday, Sept. 11, I was in a neighbourhood somewhat near my school and where my Grandparents lived. I was there hoping to get a story, but that fell through on me due to my own stupidity. Anyway, this neighbourhood isn't the greatest, and I found these basketball nets, however all four and their partners are lacking said nets. It sort of sums up what these kids have to go through. They can't even play some basketball because someone stole the rims (by the looks of it anyway). So what happens? Well unfortunately some turn to crime because they have nothing better to do.


This picture was taken at Riverdale Park in East York on Wednesday Sept. 13. I was with a couple friends of mine. The weather was ideal for this man to fly his kite in, however he added a twist by wearing rollerblades and rolling around in the grass when the wind pulled his kite along.

I was out with a friend of mine on the Danforth and had some food. He was planning on writing a food review and in turn was taking pictures. I had my camera with me so I decided to do the same. The food tasted good, but I was sick the rest of the night, and it wasn't fun.

Today I went to the Toronto Maple Leafs intersquad game at the Ricoh Coliseum. This pic is when they changed the goalies mid-period and both sides took shots on them to warm them up. It was a fun day. Especially since we got to see all the Leafs play a great game against eachother. And the Ricoh Coliseum where the AHL offiliate Toronto Marlies play is a great venue to get up and personal with the players.


After leaving the game we walked down harbourfront because it was such a nice day. On our walk we saw this quintet of string players performing a free concert in a little grassy area. It was tucked away from everything it seemed and there were a lot of people enjoying the show. I was almost overwhelmed at the site. It's not too often you can see a classical music concert in the city like this. I was glad to see some class and culture being shown today.

That was the gist of my week as shown through a few tantalizing pictures.

Peace