Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda

My Mom has left for the weekend to go stay at my uncle's place.

He lives in Oshawa which isn't entirely too far from where I am. Still, to my best recollection this marks my Mom's first time sleeping somewhere other than home. My parents never go anywhere for even a night, perhaps because they'd probably argue the whole time, but that's beside the point. Even on their own they never get away, which is kind of depressing.

Another thing that has been sticking to my mind the past couple days was when she came into my room and was telling me she wasn't sure if she should leave Friday or Saturday morning. I told her just leave Friday, what's the big deal? Her response was that she had never left us and felt bad about doing so. This was so shocking. It made me want her to go take a month vacation to wherever the hell she wanted, but she'd only worry some more I guess. Needless to say I told her she was crazy and to go Friday.

So yeah, on a similar angle I'm spending the weekend with my Dad. I guess it's sort of a vacation for him too, even though he's not going anywhere per say. I'm home but we pretty much keep out of eachother's hair.

I must admit that out of myself, my brother and sister we probably argue the least. When they started turning 18 or so, my Dad used to always be down their throats at every little thing, telling them to move out or do this and that. My sister did indeed move out at 18, but my brother stayed a little longer, moving out at around 24 or 25 I think. Now they're 36 and 33, respectively. My brother has a managable relationship with our Dad now that he's older. My sister and him don't get along that well I believe. They are almost exactly alike and she takes what he says to heart, so that breeds contempt.

As for me, ever since I was like 16 or 17 I haven't had an argument of any substance with my Dad. I've just learned to not take stuff he says so personally or just shrug it off with sarcasm. I also came to the conclusion a while ago that we're alike in many ways so that alone will meen we'd clash a lot.

Anyways, I have to get up early and take him for his regular doctor's appointment. Maybe after I'll see if he'd make the trip out to the flea market. Mmm... flea market.

Peace.