Friday, August 11, 2006

I actually can't wait to get back

School's just around the corner again, and I think for the first time since college began, I'm completely ready to go back. I think it has something to do with actually taking holidays this summer and not working for half of them. I've given myself the chance to rejuvinate my body and mind.

Anyway, a couple days ago I found out my tentative schedule for the semester. Every year they release the thing and it changes up until the first week of school because the profs aren't happy with how it ' works for them'. So this year I hope there's no exception as the frikkin' thing positively sucks. Here is the tentative schedule:

MONDAY

Newspaper Lab - 12:30pm-1:20pm
News/Electronic Media - 1:30pm-4:20pm
Beat Reporting - 4:30pm-5:20pm

Okay what doesn't work here is that we get no break and that sucks. My Beat Reporting teacher will also undoubtedly move the class to the morning, and this will give me one potential work day.

TUESDAY

Newspaper Lab - 2:30pm-3:20pm
Beat Reporting - 3:30pm-5:20pm

Again the Beat Reporting teacher will hopefully change the class to the morning if she can. And again it'd allow me a work day. Tuesdays have been my regular student work day the entire time I've done it, so I'd like to keep it that way.

WEDNESDAY

Beat Reporting - 9:30am-12:20pm
Newspaper Lab - 1:30pm-2:20pm
Jounalism Career Management - 2:30pm-5:20pm

Hmm.. not a lot I can do for Wednesday, except if I'm correct in assuming who my Career Management teacher will be, we may not always have to stay that long for class. Small bonus I guess.

THURSDAY

Newspaper Lab - 9:30pm-1:20pm

The beauty about this day's class is that I'd only go at most a handful of days in the semester, so I somewhat count this as a day off.

FRIDAY

Newspaper Lab - 1:30pm-2:20pm

This class' time slot is shit. Last year it was fine with my gen-ed class until 12pm, but this year we don't do those. I'll rarely get my ass up to go to this I tell ya what.

So as of now my biggest wish is for the Tuesday beat reporting class to move to the morning so I can get myself 2 weekdays worth of work in to accompany my Saturday morning work. The other changes I'm hoping for are just gravy.

Edit: News/Electronic Media = Television, as last year we did radio.

Peace.