Monday, July 24, 2006

Darien Lake!!!

Note: I'll post more pics when Blogger lets me. Til then, enjoy!

After just about a full day of putting it off due to exhaustion, I've decided to finally post about my weekend at Darien Lake.

Okay so Friday I went down to Alex's place to wait for Kashaf to pick us up. I had all my stuff with me and ended up not forgetting anything; that is, until I was half way to Alex's and he called asking if I brought a stereo or boom box. Damn. I didn't. It was too late to turn back and we'd just have to deal with it. He ended up bringing his alarm clock radio, which was a poor excuse for music, but it was still alright nonetheless.

As you can tell I ended up having the incredible fortune of not getting shotgun for the ride. It wasn't that bad but still, the front seat is the shit, right?

On our way out of the country we had to drive through rush hour. The highways were packed, althought at some points not so much.

Our plan of using this adapter thing that plugs into the lighter and hooks on to some radio frequency to listen to my mp3 player ended up not working. So what we had to deal with was listening to this CD I made for our trip to Wonderland a while back. After we wore out that mix, we had to listen to the radio for the rest of the time.

Shortly after crossing the border we noticed a sign on the highway that said Bailey Ave. Fucking guy Kashaf decides to slow down on the highway for me to take the pic. I'm like OMG what are you doing?! It's not that important!! Luckily no traffic was coming and I got the picture and will cherish it forever. The funny thing is after we passed that sign there were like four more directly after it.

After driving through some back alley ways to get where we were going, thanks to Mapquest and it's toll free route, we finally arrived at Darien Lake!! We ended up getting there around 8 or 8:30pm and had time to go on a few rides before the park closed at 10pm.

That night we set up the chairs and camp fire and had a relaxing, yet awesome time, chillin to some hardcore alarm clock radio music. I bought a 24 of Labatt's Max Ice for Alex and myself to drink. They didn't have much selection at the Duty Free and I was kinda disappointed. But this stuff is like 7.5% or something so we got our buck for our bang, as it were. Didn't taste that bad either. So yeah, I don't know about Alex, but I ended up gettin a nice buzz on that night. I think I had around 8 or so in a couple hours.

Alex and I went walking around the camp site area with our flashlight before calling it a night; Kashaf had to get some work done so we left him alone to do it. We had a beer in our hands but we weren't really causing any kinda of raucus or something. We saw a security SUV (fitting, eh?) drive by us and head down towards another group of people that were at the bottom of the hill. We turned around to check what was up and then turned back on our way walking again. Next thing we notice is the security SUV come back and flash a huge fucking flood light on us. He asks, "How do you like having a light shone on you?" To that Alex replied, "I don't like it. Can you please shut it off?" The wannabe cop prick then goes on about how we were doing it on purpose and tells us to go back to our site. Fuckers. I hate securitah, they always gotta act tough.

The next day we woke up to clouds in the sky and rain falling from it. We were gonna go down to the park at opening but figured we'd just stay in and chillax for a bit. We ended up playing cards til it let up a bit around Noon.

The rest of the day was constant off and on rain. Sometimes misty drizzle, other times heavy freaking down pours; most of the time uncomfortable, yet tolerable. We went on quite a few rides and got a lot done. At night time it cleared up considerably and we could enjoy another campfire. We didn't end up drinking that much on the second night, only like 2 beers for me.

With the second day over, we woke up to the sun shining and thankfully no rain falling. We left pretty early, although not when the park opened. We planned to do the water rides for that day and a couple coasters again to finish it off. The water park at this place isn't that great. There's very little water pressure on the slide and at the start your ass always gets stuck til you lift it up and finally get on your way. We then went on the wooden ride, The Viper and the main attraction ride, Superman for the second time of the weekend. After that we played a couple games on the midway as we did the night before. This time I finally won prizes. I got my choice of a big doll but i chose two: Stewie and Brian. Kashaf had won a big Stewie and little Brian the night before and a I was hella jealous. He also won another small Stewie on Sunday as well as a lame snake he got for his neighbour across from him winning. Lucky Bastard!

After all that we got in the car around 3pm or so and headed off. As we drove out we waved good bye to Darien Lake, and I snapped my pictures on the way out as per usual. It was so nice outside we wouldn't have expected the next thing to happen. After getting gas and AMERICAN Timmy's (It was a glorious site to see), we drove down the road and the biggest storm ever began. It was thunderin and raining like a mutha out there. Cars turned into boats as roads turned into rivers. We could barely see out the windows it was raining so hard.

It was like that til we got near niagara falls when it let up to a normal rain storm. Okay I'll continue on another post about our time at Niagara Falls as I'm tired of typing for now.