Monday, August 07, 2006

Because I've got nothing better to do...

Well my holidays are coming to an end. I've had some good times these past couple of weeks. With only two days to go though it seems like there hasn't been enough time. Ah well I guess. Only a month or so to go before I get to go back to being part time and doing the school thing full time.

It's approaching 1:30am and my neighbourhood is still blaring with music. I can feel it shaking my house at times, even though it's across the street from my backyard. You see it's Caribana weekend in Toronto and everyone's in the festive mood. I usually don't give a rats ass if people play their music loud, but when all I notice is my room shaking then it gets me a little annoyed.

So yes. Two days left, and I had a pretty good weekend to end it all. On Friday night I went and had a couple drinks with Alex at the Jack Astor's close (enough) to my house. We went out to have a few drinks in honour of our buddy Tony, whom I talked about in the post previous to this. It was just a couple hours but it was a great night out on the patio. We said hey to this girl Michelle we went to high school with, she works at the JA and seemingly is working whenever we rarely stop by. After drinks we played a game of pool, which actually turned out well compared to the rest of the shit games we normally play. I won, but it wasn't all me as Alex sunk the cue ball on his final shot. I'll take the wins where I can get 'em!

On Saturday I think I listened to the majority of the music on my computer just doing jack all. It seemed like the perfect day to just blare the shit and enjoy myself. Which I did. I ended up going to see Talladega Nights later on. It was a funny movie, but a lot like Anchorman with regards to the plot. As with Anchorman it had its moments but nothing that'll really stick to me as something I'd use in a reference for years to come. Yes this is how I rate the quality of a comedy movie; it works for me though.

Today I went out to the Jays game to see them beat the Chicago White Sox. We got there so freakin' early to get the Cito Gaston (former Jays manager) bobble heads they were giving out to the first 10,000 fans, but we were outta luck. Overall it was a pretty fun afternoon, if not tiring as hell. Soon after I got home I ended up passing out for an 1 1/2 hours I was so beat.

So now I'm up and wide awake. Granted I've been up FAR later than this.

Peace.