Thursday, February 22, 2007

...Or stay the course and not cut and run...

(for the reference, see previous entry...it's related)

Yesterday I had to go to school and as a class we met to discuss how our internships were going and whatnot.

For the most part the whole thing was a waste of time, and only provided me with an excuse to leave work a little early, and by little I mean two hours, one-and-a-half of which was spent at the Eaton Centre... I needed new earphones. Anway I digress...

After the meeting I spoke with one of our instructors about my future prospects. I asked him straight up if it was worthwhile to continue doing school for one more year to get the PR course. He told me, honestly, that he was bias in a way because it's basically the school's task, if you will, to make sure I get a job when I graduate, because it looks better on them come stats time. But he also said that you can never have enough education (aka it couldn't hurt).

He offered a solution, if not a temporary one, that I can work with. He said to maybe wait a little bit after finishing up my placement and see if anyone takes the bait and offers me a job. If after a few months and there's no takers, then maybe pursuing the PR program would be the best call. The good part about the programs are that they're offered in both September and January, so I can effectively give myself an extra four months or so to decide where I want to take things.

I really want to move on with my life and start living on my own etc. so landing a job without having to be preoccupied by school until Sept. 2008 will save me a lot of time and money. At the same time I enjoy school a lot so going back wouldn't seem like all that much of a hassle to me. In the end, I think his solution is a good middle ground for me and I'll see how that goes. So it looks like I shant be going to school for the time being... but who knows?

Peace.