Saturday, October 07, 2006

CLR makes things work better

After just finishing my first month into school I feel incredibly beat. I've gone through many different feelings in this past month and I feel it's been a good experience, even though at the time I wanted to crawl into a hole and escape.

As I've already written about recently I'd been going through deep concerns about where I was headed and how managing through the daily routine was becoming difficult. I'd like to say now that it was more of a feeling akin to a piece of equipment in need of CLR rust removal. Over the summer months I hadn't done anything with regards to journalism and this blog, while it's good for getting my thoughts out there, isn't at all a journalistic avenue, simply because I haven't made it one, not because it can't be one.

Anway, I digress...

I think this week, after getting the opportunity to talk to the mayor over the phone for an interview and on thursday doing a couple more differnt interviews I've begun to get into the groove again. Getting into the groove for me requires a lot of habit and necessity. I need to have to do something before I'll do it, and I need to do something over and over before I become comfortable with doing it. It's my nature and it even reflects how I work with people to a point. I need to get to know you and feel comfortable with you before I begin to open up and be the "real me" as it were.

With my three classes under way I have somewhat more of a vision of where this semester is going which gives me a better sense of assurance I can manage in the end.

This long Thanksgiving weekend will be a balance of further research for my next school endeavour and also time with family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian buds. Happy Columbus Day weekend to my American amigos and have a good weekend to everyone else!

peace.