Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Talkin' bout friendship

Over the past year or so I've developed more friendships with girls than in quite some time. And I don't know about other guys out there, but it's been a good experience.

In the past I believe I would've considered myself more of a "guy's friend", only comprehending the guy's side of things, as it were. Lately though, I've noticed it's not so bad to have female friends; it's pretty refreshing actually.

I believe I've had more thought-provoking conversation, longer conversations and ones where I've learned to, get this, listen more to what others are saying as opposed to having to speak. I've also come to learn that many girls dislike having girls as friends, which I've thought to be interesting to say the least.

With many of my guy friends, or even just guys in general, I've noticed the conversations are shorter and it almost seems you have to compete with ideas and certain things like that all the time.

I wish I had developed more friendships with girls earlier on, but I suppose as with many things they only gain interest in time.

Oh and I include my blogger friends Monika, Deb and Sahar whom I've gotten to know outside the blogosphere in this analogy as well.

That's my schpiel.

Peace.