Thursday, October 26, 2006

Uninspired, but I have the urge to write...

Since I've managed to avoid posting an entry for over a week I've decided it was about time I posted again. Although I must warn I haven't much to write about.

Let's see...

This past weekend other than going to work on Saturday morning I managed to remain quite the hermit and stay at home. Whilst at home however, I managed to watch a few movies. I'll focus my attention on the best of the bunch, which was Russel Peters: Outsourced.

I bought this DVD the day after it came out, over two months ago I believe. Anyway it was so hilarious. If you're not familiar with Peters' comedy it's pretty much race-based. He's an Indian guy who was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. His comedy act pokes fun at every race and he tells his jokes all based on real life stories that happened to him.

The DVD was so good I even watched the commentary, which is basically him and his brother in a booth talking over his performance. It was equally funny and also informative on what goes into making a comedy show and all the things they have to go through.

Moving on...

Over the last while I think I've been slowly rotting my teeth. I've gone to a couple bakeries now and bought baklava, which I had never tried up until a couple weeks ago. It's so freaking good. I went with a friend of mine from class. We were delivering papers, which is one of our chores. And during the route we went to this bakery and she bought 2 of each different type of pastry. After eating the baklava then I think I've become hooked.

Another time we went I bought more for myself and I brought them home. My family liked them, and my Mom ended up buying some from another bakery, although those ones were way sweeter, so I could only eat one.

I think I'll try different things if we stop by the place again, as I don't want to get too sick of one thing.

Ah, this weekend Ramadan finished so my friend Kashaf can go out again finally. To celebrate we're going for some Indian bbq in Little India on Gerrard street (somewhat downtown Toronto), then after we plan to go watch The Departed, which I've wanted to see for so long now. I've never had Indian food straight up in a restaurant before so it should be an experience for the taste buds.

I was going to go to the final regular season game for the Argos (Canadian Football) on Saturday as well, but with work and the dinner/movie thing I wouldn't get a chance to rest all day. That would've been fun too. Ah well.

So that's that.

Peace.