Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ended the week nicely...

Yesterday everything seemed to work out somewhat well (for now). I managed to finish my story in the morning before I left.

While I was at school I spent the time editing it and making sure it was okay to hand in and such. I couldn't make it down to Chinatown like I wanted, but I plan to go eventually for pictures and whatnot.

So yesterday I was scheduled to do page design for our community paper we put out. After a few tedious, but overall enjoyable hours, three of the five of us that were there went out to eat. We usually go out to this pub down the road form our campus after finishing up our beat stories as a sort of celebration.

On our way, we were walking around the corner at Pape Avenue and Danforth Road and we saw three cop cars on the otherside of the road. Since we were crossing anyway we decided to get a better look. We noticed yellow tape in front of the building which ended up being a bank. It turns out it was robbed. And since I had my camera and I'm a journalist and all, I took a few pics for the paper.

It was pretty sweet, even though nothing really happened, and they took the damned tape down just after we arrived at the scene. The cops seemed very accomodating to us and didn't seem to jerk us around or anything. The main thing is one of these pics can help me get my requirement in the paper if I haven't yet reached it!

Oh and Go Leafs! We ended Buffalo's amazing point streak by beating them 4-1. Buffalo's record is now 12-1-1 thanks to us :)

Peace.