Friday, November 24, 2006

Busy...

Everything's been a little hectic of late. I've been having to deal with school, work and not being a social outcast, so my blog's been neglected.

On Sunday I went out with my friends Dharm and Shannon. We went down to the Air Canada Centre to watch the Leafs practice. It was only like $7 each, it was my treat. It's not too often you can get to the ACC and have seats in the lower bowl without giving up your first born child, so I didn't mind. I try to make it out to the practice ever year. It was pretty entertaining for the most part. The greatest part however was the mascot game. It had a whole bunch of famous and not-so-famous mascots from all across Ontario. The best 5 of course were the Leafs Carlton, the Raptor, Jason the Argonaut, Ace from the Blue Jays and Duff the Marlies mascot. They being of course all of Toronto's main sports mascots.

After it was all over, when we were leaving they were giving out free 6-packs of Danon (the sponsor) yogurt drinks. Of course I took one, banana flavoured, and Dharm took....i think 3 packs, because he's cool. They were great, tasting like the banana medicine I got when I was younger.

On Monday for TV class we had to dress up to do our newscast. That meant I wore a suit to school. Most people dressed up but I think I was the only guy in our class that actually wore a full-on suit. Everyone else had pieces of one thing matched with another. Aside from my uncomfortable shoes I liked wearing it and in the end it wasn't as much of a deal as I was making it out to be beforehand.

On Wednesday I went to watch the Raptors vs. Cleveland. My friend Margot had an extra ticket because someone else bailed so I got the nod. We were also with our other friend Vanessa and her boyfriend. Our seats weren't nearly as good as the Leafs practice. They were 2nd bowl in more squished up seats, but for free I wasn't complaining.

On our way in we got these Morris Peterson figure type things to commemorate his Iron Man streak, for consecutive games played in a Raptor uniform. He had played in 371 games in a row prior to his elbow injury. That's pretty awesome. So awesome in fact I managed to get 2 of them. One for myself and the other for my nephew who coincidentally just broke his ankle that night too. Oh the Raps won 95-87, which was great, but it would've been better if they'd gotten 101 points so we could get a free pizza slice :(

And tonight. I finally worked another weekday. I'd been putting it off all week, but I forced myself to go in tonight against all my will. I'm slowly going poor and with Christmas coming up it isn't getting any easier.

To spend more money I'm heading out bowling tomorrow night for Vanessa's quasi-birthday party. I'm not into half the people going but I'll tough it out because she's an alright gal =P. I don't know if I'll stay too long, but I figure showing my face is better than not going at all.

Oh, and saturday we're finally getting out to celebrate my friend Kashaf's birthday which was last week. He couldn't do anything so we're going to eat downtown then probably to see the new Bond movie. AFTER THAT I plan to head out to the MOD Club where my classmates are getting together to drink up the night. It should be a freaking tiring and drunken night. I Liiike!

So that's my life. Leave me alone

Peace.