Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year...

...Although I really don't get the point of this whole celebration.

For me all I've noticed with new year's is that it's a time for people to become depressed with things that have gone wrong over the past 365 days. It's also a time for people to find ways to 'make themselves a better person' with resolutions so they can feel further depression in a few months when they've realized they haven't kept them.

Really that's all there is to this celebration now. I'm not a religious person so I don't think about what a new year means for that specifically. My new year is my birthday when I actually get older and have something to celebrate (or again get depressed about depending the age I'm turning).

This year I'm making the trek out to Port Hope, a sleepy little down about an hour away from civilization. It's a nice place, I went there three years ago, coincidentally the last time I did anything for celebrating. It's actually the house of a friend and she's having a bunch of people over as she always does. I'm going because I feel like getting out of the house and drinking, not because I feel like celebrating, let's get that straight.

I won't be grumpy when the time comes. I'll celebrate with everyone else, although last time my friends and I were a little out of it come midnight, so we'll have to see.

In any case, happy new year people.

Peace.