Friday, December 15, 2006

What now?

Yesterday was my final day of school.

With the exception of a year off between high school and college, I've been a student since Sept. 6, 1988 (I checked my computer calender). Everything feels a little weird at the moment. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before.

I guess right now it's time for me to come out of my comfort zone as a student and become a student of life. I'm just going through these constant ups and downs right now. I already miss the day-to-day relations with other students who I've grown to know over the past two and a half years. It's funny because like I said I was in class yesterday and it's already hitting me.

I think my biggest fear right now is not keeping in touch with the handful of people I call my friends. It seems easy to say we'll talk but once our careers take hold we'll have little time to do anything with eachother. Also, will we grow apart now that we don't have the normal conversation topic of school to talk about anymore? I'm going to try my damnedest to keep in touch with them, but those thoughts scare me a little.

I'd like to give kudos to things such as facebook and myspace, which allow people to not only reconnect with one another, but stay connected as well. I've just recently joined facebook and I've found numerous people from high school I hadn't spoken to in years. I'd even found a couple friends from elementary school! I guess simply knowing someone is doing okay or the potential for contacting them is there, is also good enough for me. I don't necessarily talk with everyone on facebook but knowing they're okay makes it worthwhile.

Now to continue my hunt for a placement...

Peace.